The following are the step for Monitoring of Price of Essential Commodities of the State of Assam:
- The officer of food, civil supplies and consumer affairs deputed in the district / sub division are monitoring prices of essential commodities.
- They examine the purchase memos of the dealers/ traders and wholesale as well as retail price charge. This directorate instructed all Deputy Commissioners / Sub Divisional Officers to visit market place and arrangement made to check price rise.
- The area food and civil supplies officers submit report to the Deputy Commissioner/ sub Divisional Officer regarding wholesale price / retail price on daily basis.
- The reports are sent from the respective Deputy Commissioner Office/ Sub Divisional Office to the Director, Food Civil Supplies Consumer Affairs through email.
- The monitoring cell of this Directorate examine the prices and prepare a conciliated report and sent to the Economic Advisor, Ministry of Consumer affairs Food and Public Distribution, New Delhi online. The report is sent to the State Government on daily basis over email.
- The report is also published in local newspaper on daily basis.