The National Food Security Act has been notified by Government of India in 10th September, 2013. Accordingly, NFSA Scheme is being implemented in the State of Assam for the benefit of the poor section of the society. Under the Scheme, approximately 55 lakh household are intended to be covered in the state. On implementation of the Scheme, the beneficiaries will get rice @ 5Kg. per head per month selected under priority households at Rs. 3.00 per Kg. and AAY household will get 35 Kg. of rice per family per month at the rate of Rs. 3.00 per Kg.
The Scheme was lunched in Assam on 24th December 2015.
- To provide for food and nutritional security to 84.17% of rural population and 60.35 % of urban population in Assam as per census records 2013.
- To ensure availability of adequate quantity of food at affordable prices to poor people.
- Malnourished children would be given free meals through local anganwadis.
Acts and Rules/Guidelines:
- Copy of the NFS Act.
- Guideline of NFSA.
- Copy of the Control Order, 2015.
- Copy of the Cash Transfer of Food Subsidy Rules, 2015.
- Copy of the Food Security (Assistance to State Governments) Rules, 2015.
- Copy of the APDA (Control) Order, 1882.
- Copy of the Assam Trade Articles (Control) Order,1982 and subsequent amendments.
Flow chart of NFSA foodgrains.
- UC reports on monthly allocation of foodgrains.
- Monthly Action Taken Report on Clause 8 & 9 under the Prevention of Black Marketing Act.