I am now accessing as a :

Government Of Assam Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs

Apply for Ration Card

1.The person having no ration card: The eldest woman of a family who is a bonafide citizen of this country with annual family income of less than Rs 1,00,00.00 ( Rupees One lakh ) may apply for getting a new Ration Card under NFSA’13 provided the person fulfils all the criteria to be eligible as a beneficiary under NFSa’13. In absence of any adult female member, the eldest male person may apply for the same. In this case, the individual must produce a certificate from the Village Head/Gaon Panchayat President/Ward Commissioner/ Inspector, FCS&CA / Concerned Authority in writing that the person having no ration card. Such a certificate will normally be granted after the person files an affidavit to this effect to the issuing authority. This document is to be attached along with the ration card application form.

2. Duplicate Ration Card: In case the ration card is lost or become defaced, mutilated, illegible or otherwise rendered unless for no fault of the holder of the ration card, the competent authority can issue duplicate ration card after charging the appropriate fee.

3. The person having ration card at the previous place: This is applicable in the case of Government officials or other persons who are transferred from one place to another. In this case, the Surrender Certificate is required from the concerning FCS&CA authority of the place from where the person was residing previously . This document is to be attached along with the ration card application form.

4. After Marriage entry to be made in the ration card: In this case also deletion certificate is required from the previous place of residence, issued by FCS&CA authority. This document is to be attached along with ration card application form and ration card.

5. In case of birth of child: For the addition to be made in the ration card , the birth certificate of the child is required along with ration card in which the addition has to be made along with the application neatly handwritten or typed on a plain paper addressed to the FCS&CA authority.

Where to apply for issuance of Ration Card?

The application for obtaining a ration card should be made to the FCS & CA authority of the District/Sub-Division(C)

Required Documents for New Ration Card

  • Detailed particulars of family members
  • Copies of birth certificates of minor members(Below 10 years in age)
  • Certified copy of relevant page of Voter List
  • Copy of Tax Pay / Land Revenue Pay receipt
  • Surrender certificate of Ration Card/Family Identity holding or non-availability certificate from the FCS&CA authority where the applicant was previously resided.
  • Address Proof (attested copy of PAN Card /Driving License / Bank Passbook / Post Office Passbook /Municipal Holding receipt / Electricity Bill / Telephone Bill)

Required Documents for Duplicate Ration Card

  • Self Declaration
  • Police report

Required Documents for Separate Ration Card

  • Surrender Certificate(s) in original
  • Parental Ration Cards in original
  • Self Declaration
  • Certificate From Village Head/Gaon Panchayat president/Ward Commissioner
  • No Objection Certificate by Head of Family of Parental Ration Card for inclusion of additional members (Attested Copies)
  • Proof of Date of Birth (Birth Certificate / X Pass Certificate / declared / other)
  • Proof of Residence
  • Photo Identity / Election / PAN / Driving license card / Passport

Required Documents for Inclusion / Deletion / Surrender

  • Original Ration Card
  • Local Certificate / Election Card / PAN / Driving license / Passport
  • Proof of Date of Birth(Birth Certificate/X Pass Certificate/declared/other)
  • Surrender Certificate in original (for inclusion, if any)
  • Death Certificate in case of death of a member

Required Documents for Change of Head of Family

  • Original Ration Card
  • Death Certificate in case of death of Head of Family
  • No Objection Certificate

Required Documents for Child to Adult Conversion

  • Original Ration Card
  • Proof of Date of Birth (Birth Certificate / X Pass Certificate / as declared / other)

Required Documents for Change of FPS and / or Residential Address

  • Original Ration Card
  • Photo Identity / Election Identity Card / PAN / Driving license / Passport
How Do I